Facial care is a system with variables. There are mandatory steps, which we’ll talk about below. But each of us chooses cleansers, creams, masks, and serums. They must correspond to your skin type and the composition and quality requirements.
The essential rules of care are regularity and a positive attitude. Primarily if you use products such as melalite forte cream. Make daily care an enjoyable habit; investments in beauty and inner harmony always pay off.
Facial care: the steps
Facial care at home consists of four basic steps: cleansing, toning, application of creams and serums, and additional maintenance. These steps must be repeated in the morning and evening. The choice of cosmetics depends on the needs and the time of year.
Let’s consider the rules of care in detail.
- Without cleansing, facial care is meaningless. Sweat, dirt, dead cells, sebum, and makeup residues leave a sticky layer, clog pores, and do not let cosmetics absorb. That’s why we always start with cleansing.
- Toning is a step that many people skip. Thus they deprive the skin of the possibility to restore pH quickly after makeup removal and washing.
- The primary care with creams aims to moisturize, nourish, and restore. Serums help to fight problems point by point.
- Masks give a powerful boost of energy, hydration, and rejuvenation. If you don’t use a day cream with an SPF filter, part of a complimentary facial is protection from the sun and premature aging with sunscreen.
How to care for your face at home: morning and evening
A common mistake is to devote time to facial care only in the evening. In the morning:
- Cleansing. While we sleep, sebaceous glands are actively working. In addition, night cream residue is deposited on it, and it is imperative to remove it.
- Then we tone our face to restore its pH and prepare it for makeup application.
- The basic care. Let it soak for a few minutes, and move on to applying your day cream. Remember the cream for the delicate eye area.
- Day creams often contain sunscreen, usually SPF 15. If that’s your dream, skip step four; if not, apply sunscreen.
In the evening:
- Cleansing. It’s essential to wash off sweat, dirt, and decorative cosmetics. You can only do it with a makeup remover. A deep cleansing means scrubbing or peeling. Oily skin requires it twice a week, usually once a week, and dry and sensitive once in two weeks.
- Tone your skin to complete the cleansing process.
- If today is mask day, and applying them once or twice a week is advisable, you may proceed to this stage. The cleansed facial surface will willingly absorb the concentration of benefits.
- Serum, then cream, night cream, and around the eyes, to use in this order.
Make sure to complete the morning and evening beauty routine to make your daily care routine effective. It will not take more than 15 minutes, with the application of a mask a little longer, but the result will be a pleasure.
How to choose a cleanser and tonic
Contrary to popular belief, cleansing with water won’t cleanse. Soap is not good either, as it changes the natural, slightly acidic pH towards alkaline. This weakens the skin’s protective functions and destroys the lipids that protect it. The result is dryness, early wrinkles, and sensitivity.
For cleansing, choose products that:
- Gentle, with natural ingredients and no harsh surfactants;
- Are suitable for your skin type and condition;
- Allergen-free, particularly if you have sensitive skin.
Toning is a complete step in facial care that should be taken. Our oily and problematic toner calms, soothes irritation and helps narrow pores. There are also products such as hydroquinone 4 cream, which helps to whiten the face. Instead of alcohol, we use natural antibacterial ingredients.
Basic care cosmetics, creams, and serums have several functions:
- Moisturizes. It not only increases the moisture concentration in cells but also helps them to retain it.
- It nourishes by replenishing vitamins and other valuable substances.
- Regenerates, which is the main task of night formulas.
- Rejuvenates. This means that anti-aging action stimulates collagen and elastin production, improves elasticity, and smooths wrinkles.
Complex care is more than cleansing and creams. Take a serum as well; it’s easier to treat specific problems. For example, a concentrated product can lighten age spots, give a powerful rejuvenating boost from its high antioxidant content, and slow aging. The serum is applied to cleansed skin on the face and neck in the morning and evening.